Voting
While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.

~Angela Schwindt

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Really LONG email!!

Most wonderful Parents:

Quick reminder that tomorrow is pajama day. All kids are welcome to wear their pajamas; however, because it is not a free dress down day, they need to wear pajamas or their uniform. We will also be having our Christmas parties from 10:15-11:15 and from 2:00 to 3:00. Thanks SO VERY much to all the wonderful parents who are have put everything together for the parties. Any of you who did not sign up to volunteer, but have time are more than welcome to still come in and help.

I have been hearing today that there are many of you who were unable to open the homework attachment this week. Also several of you did not receive the homework this week. Because of the frustration I am resending the homework tonight and asking that if you did not receive it or were unable to open it you try again. I am not asking you to have them do homework over Christmas break. I will accept all homework until close to the end of the term which is Jan 12. I hope this makes sense to all of you and helps with your frustration. If you have any questions, as always let me know and I will be glad to help.

Starting in January I will be making a few more changes to the homework process. Even though Mrs. Baggaley and I spend the first 10 minutes of class asking for homework and reading books, we are still missing some kids and some books. In order to fix this problem, I will be printing all homework and sending it home each Monday. It will be sent home in the folder that you purchased at the beginning of the year. This folder will be turned in by your child at the beginning of EACH class. Even if it is empty I want the kids to turn it in so that we are catching all of the reading books every day. This means that as parents, I will need you to put (or help your child put) ALL important work and
books into the folder. I know that mornings can be hectic (at least they are at my house) but I really want the kids to be responsible for turning in their homework on time each day. Mrs. Baggaley or I will make sure that folders are checked and returned each day so that they are available for you!! I really think this will help me be more effective as a teacher and will ensure that your kids get their reading books quickly!! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for all you do, Mrs. Chidester

No comments: